Monday, November 17, 2008

Finding our apartment

With all the wedding plans in full swing, it's been a bit difficult to focus on anything else. But this weekend, we realized that we really needed to find a place to live. So, I spent hours Saturday coming up with a list of prospective apartments and started my search this morning basically from the moment I woke up. Which was interesting because I had class. My day started at eight when I called every number on my list only to find that no one was open that early. When I finally got through to someone, a mean lady answered and yelled at me that the office wasn't open yet. I'm not sure why she answered the phone if the office wasn't open. I was a little nervous to call the rest of the list but I did and discovered that every complex was full. I still had a few privately owned basement apartments to see. The first was a duplex which was somewhat scary. And I wasn't expecting much. It was just creepy. Then I went to a complex which was up the mountain at the base of the Y trail. At this place, the landlord began my tour by asking if I would be living alone. Then he wanted to see my ID for contact information. It was an odd experience. So finally after work, I checked online one last time to find an ad for a two bedroom basement apartment in Orem. I called the owners to schedule a time to come by and take a look. They said I could come over anytime. So I drove down, not expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised by a newly built house with a beautiful yard. The owners showed me the "basement" apartment which was actually above ground. It was perfect. The rooms were huge, the carpet was new, and the whole place was just beautiful. Then I found out that utilities were included in the monthly rent and the cost was less than we had originally planned for. It was perfect and I knew it; I just needed to get Dave's opinion. I couldn't wait. The minute he got home from work, we went back and he loved it. It's the perfect place for us and I'm so happy that we found such a great place. I can't wait to make it home! :)

3 comments:

AshleyBrookeCarter said...

Wow!! nice place, lets trade! ;)

Dave and Megan said...

Lol, Yeah, it is really nice. I cant take credit though, Megan did an awesome job hunting down a place for us.

Kaleela said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! I wish we could find affordable places as stunning as that here in SA. I'm so happy for you Rambosan :)


Camping at Strawberry Resevoir

Camping at Strawberry Resevoir