Monday, November 24, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane!

Megan and I are spending Thanksgiving in Houston with her family. Our flight was scheduled for early Friday morning so naturally we waited till about 2:00 am that morning to go our own ways and start packing. We needed to be up and leaving at around 4:00 and so sometime between we started packing and when we had to leave we each got a little bit of sleep. 4:20 rolled by and i heard my phone ringing, I picked it up and saw that Megan's mom was calling because she couldn't get a hold of Megan. As I was walking down the hall to her apartment my parents called to wake me up. Good thing they did because we had both slept through our alarms and were going to miss our flights. Our parents had been calling us over and over again and surprisingly we didn't even know. We hurried and got ready and were off to the airport and made it with plenty of time to spare.

Airports are funny, I like seeing all the different people and wondering where they are from and what their story is. I also like looking at how all the airports are set up. While I was looking around I noticed a picture of a wild cat, I couldn't remember what it was but I was pretty sure it was a bobcat. I asked Megan what she thought it was and she said it was a mountain lion. If you know Megan and I, we always get into fun bets to see who is right about what we discuss. Well when we couldn't get it cleared up I asked a man that was sitting next us, "I think its a lynx" he said and Megan turned to me and said "I told you!" The man then added, "I think a lynx is pretty much the same thing as a bobcat." I sat back smiling; victory is sweet.

I think they must have made an error in the dimensions when they designed airplane seats because I don't know anyone who fits in those chairs. We spent the first 15 minutes of the flight moving and shifting the way we were sitting trying to find a way where both of us would be comfortable and where we could fall asleep. After they gave us our drinks i plopped down on the little fold out table and Megan laid on top of me and we found out that it was more comfortable than anything else we had tried. So there we were, I'm not sure what the flight attendants thought when they passed our row and saw both of us slumped over on our tables sleeping but oh well.

Next thing I knew we were there. I was so excited that I'd be spending all this time with Megan and getting to know her family better. Yay, our first Thanksgiving together! I'm really excited about this holiday and all the others that Megan and I will be sharing. Great food, no school, and Megan, what more could I want for the holidays!

No comments:


Camping at Strawberry Resevoir

Camping at Strawberry Resevoir